I was born in 1978 in Kazakhstan (past Soviet Union). I have started to play chess at age of 6. My first big success came when I was 12 years old , I won first Soviet Union championship under twelve ( with exceptional list of players, just for better understanding in first round I beat Sergey Movsesian, who is now in top 10), and later on the same year I came first in World Championship under twelve, that has been played in USA. 1991 brough me a silver medal in European Championship under 14.
In 1995 our family decided to immigrate to Israel. We have been landed in south of Israel, a very famous chess city Beer-Sheva. I got a huge support from the director of Beer-Sheva chess club Ilyau Levant . Already on second day of being in Israel I played my first game in Israeli leauge. From 1995 and till 2000 I have two great coaches, who permanently worked with me, Mark Tseitlin and Alexander Huzman (coach of Gelfand for many years). Very soon I can see the fruits of my hard work: in 1998 I got the biggest title in chess – grandmaster.
From 1998 I started to play for the national team, untill now I didn’t miss a single team competion! Here is my results from Olympiads
I played for Israel six times in Chess Olympiads.
- In 1998, at second reserve board at the 33rd Chess Olympiad in Elista (+7 –1 =2);
- In 2000, at third board at the 34th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul (+5 –2 =4);
- In 2002, at first reserve board at the 35th Chess Olympiad in Bled (+3 –3 =3);
- In 2004, at fourth board at the 36th Chess Olympiad in Calvià (+5 –0 =5);
- In 2006, at fourth board at the 37th Chess Olympiad in Turin (+6 –1 =3).
- In 2008, at second/third boards at the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden (+2 –2 =4).
- I won individual gold medal at Elista 1998 and bronze medal at Turin 2006. I won a team silver medal at Dresden 2008.
- I won twice the Israeli Chess Championship; in 2000 (tied with Gershon) and 2008.